South American Xmas Winter Warmers MIXED CASE

South American Xmas Winter Warmers MIXED CASE

  • £71.44
  • Save £28


Type: Red

Grapes: Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Carmenere

Country / Region: Argentina, Chile, Uruguay

1 x CAT Las Pintadas malbec 2017, Mendoza, Argentina: 

Inky deep purple in colour with aromas and flavours of ripe blackberries and chocolate. The palate shows rich, mature fruit flavours, balanced by a beautiful acidity. 30% of the wine fermented in plastic bins alternating layers of whole cluster with destemmed grape. The remaining 70% fermented in plastic bines. We perform soft daily punching movements and uncover the flowering wine along with the press in barrels until bottled. 9 months aged in second and third use French oak barrels.

 

1 x Domingo Molina Petit Verdot 2016, Salta, Argentina :

    Purple colour. Cassis, mulberry and blueberry with a faint hint of spice. Palate is a crescendo pushing through to a full bodied experience yet remaining subtle. Dry finish. Left opened for a couple of days this wine grows in texture and drink-ability. Can be stored for up to six years. 

    1 x Malma Finca La Papay Malbec 2018, Ptagonia, Argentina :

      Deep crimson red in color, aromas of ripe red berries, especially raspberries and cherries.The nose of this wine, combines with rosemary and mineral notes. Fruity on the palate, with full body and ripe tannins. Complex and elegant wine. Great with steak, game or poultry. 

      1 x Mariposa Gran Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon 2018, Colchagua Valley, Chile :

        Deep ruby red. Shows many layers of complex aromas. Ripe red currants, blackberries, prunes, cassis and menthol bouquet, complemented by cloves, cigar box, and vanilla resulting from the oak influence. Each aroma sits perfectly in balance with the others. Full-bodied with chalky and well integrated tannins, this wine is big on the palate, giving a grassy mouth coating sensation, volume and structure. A range of flavours from red and black fruits to spices, along with a somewhat earthy character, all combine to deliver a truly tasty and complex.
        Ready to drink now but will definitely will improve with age.

        1 x Pacha Special Reserve Carmenere 2018, Chile :

          Deep ruby red with a purple hues. Different layers of aromas give a unique complexity. Sweet fruit flavours of black fruits such as cherries, blackberries and dried prunes are predominant at the beginning. A subtle hint of vanilla, cloves and mocha are perfectly combined on the palate, enhancing the complexity of this beautiful and pleasant Carmenere. A full bodied wine, with great structure, a balanced acidity and round and silky tannins. It is ready to drink now as well as being suitable for cellaring. A long finish, full of black fruits flavours and a peppery hint at the end reminds you that this is a true example of well-crafted Chilean Carmenere.

          1 x Puerto Carmelo Tannat, Cabernet Franc 2018, Carmelo, Uruguay :

            A full-bodied red which shows immense power yet also demonstrates a freshness with ripe black fruit aromas plentiful on the nose and palate. Soft and mature tannins complete this deliciously rich wine.

            Customer Reviews

            No reviews yet
            0%
            (0)
            0%
            (0)
            0%
            (0)
            0%
            (0)
            0%
            (0)